How much does it cost to live in Halifax Estates?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash/recycling collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee of $1,800. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- Once a Member has paid the Membership Fee, he or she only pays lot rent, currently $593 per month.
- We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- Find out more about the application process here.